Meter 2, 3, or 4 Spaces
Simply press the button for your space and insert payment. The APM-2X features Left and Right space buttons, while the 3X and 4X buttons may be designated with letters or numbers. Base model accepts coins only, with large 1"x3" LCD rear enforcement signal, with or without blinking LEDs for night enforcement. Mechanism fits POM housings (competitor upper housings may be machine modified using a template supplied by POM). Low-power, only draws average 120µA to maximize battery life.
High-visibility rotary display, visible up to 80 feet away for easier drive-by enforcement (available for APM-2X only).
Smartcard reader (slot shown right) accepts prepaid electronic purse smart cards. As a no-charge option, the meter can refund leftover time back onto the card and go to 00:00 for the next motorist.
Backlight for digital display improves visibility in low-light conditions.
Free-time may be programmed with initial press of the space button when the meter is at 00:00. For additional time, payment must be inserted.
SmartLock (mechanism integrated with housing; coin collection requires use of authorized smartcard or handheld device).
Options for Every Environment and Budget
Base model, all-zinc housing features 4-corner locking dome that can be removed and hung on the side of the housing during on-street repairs (zinc upper housing shown right). Genuine Lexan® dome window is UV stabilized to prevent yellowing, features flat-face to reduce glare on digital display. Expanded capacity vault holds $65 in quarters, features rear-loaded lock, tapered base, and patented Gripper wedges to discourage break-in or forced removal from the post. Gray powder paint finish withstands ASTM B117 1000-hour salt-spray test.
- Iron Tamperproof vault has rectangular door that "falls" open when unlocked, which reduces key wear. Door can be easily removed without tools when open, facilitating quick repair or replacement. Expanded capacity, coin box holds $65 in US quarters.
- Iron Magnum vault (shown right) has similar door style as Tamperproof, but coin box holds $118 in US quarters. Recommended for multi-space APM meters to best avoid coin jams from coin box overflow.
- Iron 95 style vault has round door, integrates with existing competitor systems. Expanded capacity, coin box holds $65 in US quarters.
- Iron upper housing for maximum protection to inner mechanism from vandals.
- (All housing options offer a variety of high security and changeable locks and can be fitted with the POM SmartLock system.)
- A mini-vault post attachment is available for card-only meters or multi-space free-time meters.
- APMN-2X version is available for integration with APM-N systems; available with Tamperproof zinc or iron vault versions (see APM-N page).